Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A baby no more???

Something sad happened today while I was out grocery shopping. A woman was walking by with her little boy sitting in the cart. His attention was drawn to Aiva, and the mother said, "Can you see the baby? She's not really a baby anymore is she?" Ohhhh, the wrenching pain! I felt a lurch in my stomach, and I wanted to shout, "Hey, lady! She is TOO a baby!!!" Seriously, I realize that the baby days are limited, but please, don't take away the few I have left. I don't know how anyone can stop at one baby. I am relieved to know that when Aiva is all grown up and no longer a little baby anymore (although she will always be MY baby), that I can have another one and enjoy it all again. I love being a mother. I know that these cherished days are numbered though, and one day I will be looking UP at my children, and wondering "where did the years go???" Seriously, my eyes are tearing at the thought. I love my little baby girl, and while it makes me sad to see her grow up so fast, I am loving watching her learn new things. The passing of time is just very, very bittersweet.

2 comments:

Marky said...

That is so true.. My little Nevi is only 3 months old but I stop and think how does time go so fast!! Aiva is so cute!

tHe HiLL FaMiLy fiVe said...

Hello Coles!

It's the Hills here...from the good old 22nd ward, or atleast used to be. It's so funny! I keep finding blogs of families from the old neighborhood (by total accident). How is the ward anyway?

Your BABY girl(I say you can call her your baby as long as you see fit!!) is the cutest thing ever! She's getting so BIG! Crazy what 4months will do (we've only been gone that long!).

Anyway, sorry about the longest comment ever! Good to see your cute family!

Casey, Stacie and boys