Last week, we made the sudden decision to finally put Aiva in preschool in the middle of the school year. I had tried doing preschool at home, but kids don't take to learning from Mom as well as they do from someone else sometimes. Plus, I think sometimes this energetic little girl just gets plain old bored. So we found a lady nearby that had excellent prices and open enrollment, and today was Aiva's first day of preschool!
I can't believe how big my little girl is. I had to pry a good-bye out of her when I left, and yes, I shed a few tears driving away. But I have to say that I think this will be such a good thing for her. She LOVED it. The teacher said she joined right in, and you'd never know it was her first day. Now begins the next 20 years of her life in school. I'm excited for her.
Interestingly enough, though, since we got home from St. George (pictures on the post below), she's been (almost) an angel. She just really goes through these phases where she tests every boundary, and tries to find cracks in our resolve. Sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment