Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Aiva!!!

My baby girl turned 3 yesterday. Sigh. Where did the time go??? And at the same time, has is only been that long? It's hard to remember a time before she was in our family. I have pictures of her birthday party, but they're on my mom's camera so I'll post them later. But I'm posting a bunch of photos of our sweet girl over the last three years. I got a little carried away going down memory lane, and I just had to post them. Some are a little out of order, but here they are.
This is Aiva while she was still in the oven!

The week before I delivered. Can you tell that I was retaining lots of water? Who knew there was a nine-pound baby in there?? No wonder I was so huge!


August 18, 2007 at 6:45 pm.
I remember my first thought when I saw her being, "They told me she'd be around seven pounds. Is a seven-pound baby supposed to be that big??" Nope. She actually weighed in at 9 pounds! This is her first picture, taken with Mike's cell phone.



Aiva never looked like a newborn, since she was so big. She is 3 days old in this picture.




1 month old


7 months old









18 months





Just a little about our girl:
Aiva is smart, sweet, and stubborn.
She loves princesses, and dressing up.
She loves vanilla yogurt.
She doesn't like cheese.
She is very articulate. She has an amazing vocabulary, great pronunciation and grammar.
She loves Michael Jackson, the Beach Boys and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Aiva has a craziest hair. I call it "white man's afro." If it's not up in pig-tails or a pony-tail, it's everywhere. Not straight enough, not curly enough. Just weird.
She is so tender. When someone is sick, she says, "It's okay sweetheart" and will stroke your head.
She loves Fancy Nancy, Pinkalicious, and Dr. Seuss.
Just a few little things that we love about her.
We love you Aiva! Happy Birthday sweetheart!


3 comments:

Bethany said...

Happy birthday to Aiva! It has been so fun to watch her grow. I totally know what you mean when you say you can't believe it has already been three years and, yet, only been three years.

Danielle said...

Hi Elise, it's Danielle (Lewis) I hope you don't mind me popping over from Sarah's blog. I wanted to tell you that I loved that song you sang at the family reunion and what an amazing, beautiful voice you have! I didn't realize Aiva & London have the same birthday and London was also 9 lbs when she born.
Happy Birthday Aiva, your girls are so adorable!

Love,
Danielle

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Happy Birthday Aiva! We love being a part of her life, and watching her grow up. Kennley just loves her to pieces and looks forward to seeing her every week. Glad your day was WONDERFUL!!!