Friday night at midnight was the release of the movie Twilight. My friend Candice and I went to "chaperone" her 14-year-old little sister at a party at Blockbuster, or at least that was our cover story. The rest is a strange combination of embarassment and pride for me. We participated in lots of trivia contests and won pretty much every one. Between the three of us, we won 2 buckets of popcorn, a bunch of candy, ice cream, a Blockbuster gift card, 2 huge wall posters (which of course we gave to my friend's sister), and a t-shirt. We also participated in the look-alike contest, and did pretty well. I think I took 3rd for Rosalee, and Candice took second place for looking like Alice. I shouldn't be bragging, but people were actually getting mad at us because we knew all the answers. Like I said, a mix of pride and embarassment. At least I'm out of the closet: I am a Twilight nerd. This photo is right before I left for the party.
Saturday morning I did something drastic . . . I dyed my hair dark brown. I have had long, blond hair since my senior year of high school. That is eight years, people. I needed a change. The mirror shock has been more than I expected, since I've been thinking of doing this for many months, but I'm starting to like it. Haha! It's not this dark in person. This is a bad picture, kind of embarassing, but oh well! I really should have done my hair before taking the photo. Hehe.
11 comments:
Hilarious! Congratulations on all your winnings! ;) And I think you're hair looks fabulous. I think I stumbled a bit on Sunday telling RJ who you were because I'm so used to associating you with blonde hair and Candice with dark. Promise. It looks good. p.s. what is your natural color? I thought it was blonde?
Elise, I LOVE your hair...it looks great on you! And I love your Twilight shirt,I have the same one! Glad you guys are haveing so much fun, and Aiva's hair is adorable!
Cute Hair!!! Love it. It's a good change for sure. You're so pretty!!
Your hair looks fantastic. What a fun change. You would look great no matter what color you dyed your hair. Well...your Twilight winnings cracked me up! You are hilarious. It sounded like good times! And yes little girls are the best. Avia is so fun. She is such a cute girl!
I wish I would have had a cover story to go wait for Twilight. I can't believe you won all that!!! Your hair looks really pretty!! And of course so does your little Aiva.
Elise, you look gorgeous!! It reminds me of when you dressed up as cleopatra for Halloween that one year...and you are never gonna guess what I did last week, I went DARK as well!! I keep meaning to post a picture...Maybe I will today!!
Elise I love that you went to the Twilight party it was probably a blast. And I so love love your hair it fits you perfectly!
I am glad you posted about your hair because I didn't get the chance on Sunday to tell you that I love it!
It threw me off a it at first though. When we walked into the chapel I saw Aiva and wondered for a minute who she was with.
YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT! I really love it, it is a great change! And I love the Twilight party, too fun!
That's so funny! I'm thoroughly entertained! Congrats on all the winnings! :) I really like the dark hair!
ah thanks for leaving some love! and we spell Aiva the same way! what a gorgeous little peanut!!
ok so the sun thing..
i was lucky.. like i said in the blog, I went outside trying to comfort Maive, and across the street there is this gorgeous home that nobody lives in ( ceo of KFC own's it, and his wife and him stay maybe 5 days out of the year ) NO JOKE!
but behind the home, there is a bank leading to a creek, and wild mustard and such growing. i sat her mid way on the bank, and the sun was just disapearring behind the trees on our hill, I'll have to check where my setting wereon the camera, i cant remember what they were, and i know i kept changing them, experimenting. so yeah, i laid down farther down the bank, pressed the shutter halfway down and the toggle blinked on her nose, and then i movied the camera up so that she was still in the shot, but so was a part of the sun, just a little bit, and vwa-la.. it's a new thing, i definitley want to try this more! I have, and will take some pics of the layout of the area, maybe so you can get a feel, im learning to shoot manually right now so i dont know all the proper turns. BUT i just focus and recompose the shot! Thanks for asking! OH! I use lightroom to make the pics more yellowy, and then corel paint shop pro for the "heavenly glow!"
Post a Comment