Fast foward one month . . . I'm getting ready for work one day, when I happen to glance down at the carpet outside my bathroom in the hallway. GuESs WHat I sAW???

My IUD. That's right. My IUD had fallen out at some unknown earlier point in time and landed on the floor in the hallway.
Now, fastfoward another 2 weeks . . .

Does anyone recognize this scene from Friends??? I do. It was me one week ago. We are expecting a baby! And I have NO HEALTH INSURANCE BECAUSE OF PAST FERTILITY PROBLEMS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Maniacal laugher)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Medicaid, here we come!!!
Wanna hear something else hilarious? This baby's due date is August 23rd, the day before Aiva's was. I swore I would NEveR, EvER, EVeR have a baby in the summer again. (insert more crazy-lady laughter here.)
. . . As crazy and unexpected as all this is though, we are excited to welcome another baby into our family. Aiva has brought us so much joy, how could we resent another??? We also feel that considering the circumstances, this is really meant to be. And when something is meant to be, the Lord provides.
17 comments:
WOW!!!! Now that is CRAZY!!! and sooo meant to be! :) I have never in my life heard of an IUD falling out!! CRAZY! You should have seen my face when I pulled up your blog and that baby ticker popped up! CoMpLeTe ShOcK!!! Elise, I know you were not planning this, but I am soo excited for you, TWO babies to love is sooo much better!!! :O) I will call you later so I can get all the DeTaIlS!
We couldn't be more happy for you guys. Aiva will love a little brother or sister so much! When you told us how your IUD fell our, Brent always asks me now, "are you sure yours is still in place", and I just laugh cause you are the first person I have ever heard of that happening. We love you guys are so happy for you!
Yea!!! I'm so excited for you. It's amazing how Heavenly Father just kinda takes over when you're living right. It's amazing how scary it can be not having the full reins over your life but how much better the outcome is in the long run! He absolutely will provide for you. And maybe it's a good thing the baby is coming now because now medicade will completely pay for it all. Congrats!
YES! I thought so...what do you mean, how did I think so? Well, um, I think it was you I saw in a local store one early morning as I was waiting to pick up my prescription. I saw who I thought was you, in pajamas and coat, come up the aisle by the vitamins. I was going to say hi, but felt I shouldn't. So I didn't. Then you (I thought) left the store ahead of us and I still didn't get a chance to say hi. I came home and a day or so later was thinking of it and thinking of where I saw you and thought, "hey, that's where the pregnancy tests are...I wonder..." but left it alone.
HOORAY!!!!! I'm sorry the timing seems crazy but agree with you that this was definitely meant to be (I've never heard or read of an IUD falling out). Congratulations! And a lot of sympathy for a summer baby. I remember. :) GOOD LUCK!
Congratulations! It was so funny to read this...especially since I sat next to you in relief society today and had no clue. haha. You and Mike are so amazing. Things truly do happen for a reason...especially when it comes to those babies. I know. Aiva will be such a sweet older sister (we were just talking about how they have the mothering in them already). So cute! Congrats again. All my love...epsecially with ANOTHER end of summer baby. Aaahhhh..couldn't imagine. Good Luck!
Well Congrats! Let us know if we can do anything...(babysit if your sick...or anything!) Good luck with pregnancy number 2!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so wonderful. I have never heard on an IUD falling out. My sister did get pregnant with one in and she is now due any day and the IUD is still in. I am so happy for you guys. It was definitely meant to be and I am sure you will be blessed. Congrats again!
Holy cow!! That's the craziest thing ever! I bet you're just in shock. Congrats though, so exciting! So medicaid will cover it? We should do something soon so we can talk. Congrats!
Ironic? Yes. Exciting? Yes! You are strong and faithful and like you said, the Lord will provide. I do feel bad that you have to have a summer baby. At least this time you can hang out in the backyard pool with Aiva, right. :) If you need anything please let us know. Congratulations!
Exciting!! Hang in there, it will all work out!
wow.
That is crazy.
Congratulations!!
wow.
ELISE!
First, YAY how exciting for you guys! You are such great parents and I am so excited that Aiva will have a brother or sister to play with. Second, I am so sorry that you have this added stress for your family. You have really got to realize how much the Lord needed this little one to come when they did. I am sure they are going to be a special little spirit. Good luck with everything!
Oh my GOODNESS! I cannot believe your IUD just fell out! I don't know what I would have done if I had found mine just hanging out on the floor. Wow!
BUT... as you said, it must be right. When is a baby from heaven not right? I am so excited for you. Best wishes.
If you ever need anything, please just call. We really think a lot of you guys.
Congrats!! Aiva is going to be a great big sister!
Wow congratulations! I bet this was an incredible shock to both you and your husband. I love your great attitude too. More babies to love and the Lord will provide. I am so happy for you. I hope this pregnancy goes better then your last.
Wow. Now that is crazy! And Exciting!!! I've missed seeing your blog and am glad to finally take a peek. I sent you an invite to ours (assuming I got the correct email address). Anyway, congrats! That is so exciting!
Hilarious. I love it. Congratulations. My babies birthdays are a day apart. I have sympathy for you on that one.
Post a Comment