Thursday, December 4, 2008

o CHriSTmAS TReE . . .

We went to a tree farm to pick out our CHriSTmAS TReE this week. We decided that instead of getting our usual $60 tree this year, we'd try to spend less and get a "CHarLiE BrOWn TReE." You see, a couple years ago, my mom got this sparse, interesting-looking tree, and once it was all decorated, it really was absolutely gorgeous! So I thought for sure I could pull it off. Hmmmm . . .
I'm not so sure it worked. Mostly it is just a very sad, SAD tree. Luckily I have a sense of humor about it!


Mike and Aiva helping to pick out our tree.

Okay, so at night the tree doesn't looks so bad, when you can't see the daylight shining through it's . . . shall we say "absense of foliage" . . .


. . . but during the day it is very, very sad to look at! :(


Last, but not least, Aiva giving baby Kennley (my friend's baby that I watch sometimes) a big kiss. Aiva loves her friend!

8 comments:

Shaun - Jillian said...

Elise - I really love the "charlie brown" tree! We are just boring and use the fake tree so at least yours is the real deal! Your decorations are darling too.

Bethany said...

I would have never known. Ever since you have had it up I have admired it from the window. It looks gorgeous from outside!

Megan said...

wow! Aiva looks soo much like Mike in that first picture!! And I LOVE your tree :O)

The Dahls said...

love the tree, you guys are so cute

Brent~April~Kennley said...

I don't think it looks sad at all. I love it! I love the pic of our two girls. I have the two of them kissing on mine too.....they are so cute with eachother.

Natasha said...

I love your tree. I think it looks great!

Heather said...

The first picture of Mike and Aiva is so dang cute! I love the tree. We always go cut our own down and there is nothing wrong with the Charlie Brown Tree. Every tree needs a home right :) It does look very pretty from the street.

Stacy said...

Atleast your tree is a real one!! This is our first year with a Christmas tree. It is so fun to decorate. Happy Holidays!