Okay, so I'm not very educated when it comes to politics and the national and global economies, but is anyone else out there getting very nervous about what's going on here??? I've been trying to read up, watch the news and listen to the radio. I don't want to be in the dark when something big hits (which I guess it already has). I am trying to stock up my food storage, and we're trying to cut back on spending. We're holding our breath. I want to be as prepared as possible. If I have a plan and I am prepared, then I know that I won't be as afraid. But still, I'm bracing myself.
I have been reading the book "Hubener vs. Hitler" this week and a few things have really stood out to me, beyond the main plot of the book, which is about the resistance movement involving some LDS teenagers during Nazi Germany: #1) How everyone had so little, yet managed to survive, and #2) how this trial brought everyone so close and also brought everyone to their knees, and closer to God. I've been feeling very blessed lately and I've also been feeling the complacency that comes with having all of your needs so easily met. And I've been thinking lately about how the leaders of our church have said in the recent past that the time of plenty is over, just like in the bible during the time of Daniel. And while I really fear what is coming, a (little) part of me is looking forward to a bit of struggle. When the chips are down, that's when you find out what you're capable of. I know that God will be there when I need Him, and if there could be a positive to what is happening, I am looking forward to seeing the miracles as a result of ours and everyone elses' faith.
3 comments:
I'm shaking in my boots. One reason we're trying to sell our house is to get out of debt (we don't have a lot at all but I just want to get rid of it like they've told us to). I'm trying to muster up my faith but...I'm sure nervous!!
I think all the time about food storage and my complete lack of doing it...and somehow I always seem to find an excuse of why "I" wouldn't need it...but the truth is...any one and any time could need it. I guess I can just start small with things I buy every time I go to the store. But at the same time I think it will all be okay too. If you have any food storage ideas let me know. Maybe we could go together to get some!
We know that with God we shall not fear, and I have to admit with the recent events I am definitely seeing the need for me to increase my faith and follow exactly what the Lord has told us to do. Instead of Christmas presents this year, we have asked our families to give us money so we can buy more food at the cannery, it is small but it is a start and makes me feel like I am following the Lords counsel
Post a Comment