Monday, July 12, 2010

There are two very strange things that I've always wanted to experience. Having a black eye, and losing my voice. Don't know why. I just always thought it might be kind of cool. Like how you were always jealous of the kid with the broken leg that got to play around on crutches all day at school.

I broke my nose once. Aiva head-butted me. It was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. I was quite upset when I didn't get my black eye out of it. What's a broken nose for, if not to get a cool black eye?

I started getting a sore throat a month ago. Then last Thursday, it morphed into a raging, awful one. One doctor I work with at the hospital told me I probably have mono. Another told me it's probably just a wicked virus. Then yesterday my voice sounded like someone else. Like a man. Mike called me "Beuford". Today my throat still hurts like the dickens, and my chest is tight. It hurts like crazy to cough, and my voice is . . . gone.

I'm in the middle of full-blown laryngitis. It hurts. Is losing your voice supposed to be painful?? I didn't know this was part of the deal. Anyway . . .

. . . laryngitis sucks.

I want my voice back.

6 comments:

aLeXis said...

I have had a couple black eyes...all courtesy of cheerleading. Actually I had both of them blackened at the same time during my senior year. So not fun or cool. So sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you get better quickly. Let me know if you need anything.

Jamie Hamblin said...

Ugh sorry about your voice! I bet you sound pretty sweet though! You don't want a black eye... they hurt so bad!

Sarah said...

You seriously crack me up. Sure love you to death.

Stacy said...

Well I am glad it lasted long enough for us to chat through lunch! Sorry if that was what did you in, I think it was worth it! (however, I am not the sick one!) Have fun next week, I am jealous!

Brent~April~Kennley said...

I hope you get feeling better before your trip! We sure are going to miss little Aiva!

Kim said...

You are hilarious!! I've never had a black eye either, even after major head trauma. I'm sorry you found out the hard way that having no voice is no fun. I really hope you don't have mono! Love ya Beuford.