Mike's mom's family got together for a fantastic reunion at Camp Atoka this week. It started Monday with activities and crafts and then an auction and talent show. Then we split up for the night. A lot of people stayed at the lodge, but we decided to rough it in a tent. I'm sad, because I didn't get many pictures. I'm bad at getting those impromptu moments with my SLR. I need to get a smaller one that's a bit more portable. I didn't get any pics of the first day and it's activities. Just a few of the next morning. Anyway, here's the very few moments that I did capture.


Emma and my niece Jaycee

A not-often captured expression on Emma's face that we love.
Such a bright expression.

Monday evening after the talent show, a lot of the adults got together to play volleyball while the kids played. I would have love to have played, but lately I've been having to watch Emma like a HAWK. She was OBSESSED with eating the grass and weeds. She's not quite mobile yet, but she always manages to pull the blanket out of her way so she can get to the stuff. So I sat by her taking plants of her hands and mouth time after time. She is a grabby little vacuum, this one.

Such a cute picture of my niece Courtney. She is a good example of how dirty we all were by the end of the reunion. Check out those gorgeous eyes!

My sis-in-law Sarah (Court's mom) and Emma. I'm so lucky that my girls have such an amazing aunt to look up to, and to have one of my sister-in-laws also be one of my dearest friends. Sarah also celebrated her birthday on Tuesday while we were there. Happy Birthday Sarah!

Just before everyone took off to go home, all the kids from the Cole's side got together for a swim in the river. So fun!

Mike and Aiva
We had such a fun time! I feel so grateful to have married into such a wonderful family, full of wonderful people. Before I married Mike, I had always thought of family as people you tolerated, and I thought it was so weird that Mike's best friends were his family members. I have learned so much from him and his family. Now both his and my family are the people I'd choose to be with over anyone else. Love you all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment