I love Memorial Day weekend. It never meant much to me until I married Mike. His family has such wonderful traditions, and I am so grateful to be a part of them now. Sunday afternoon we all drive up to Idaho to visit Mike's paternal grandparents' graves. It is such a tiny, beautiful graveyard, in the middle of nowhere, flanked by a mountain on one side, and a stream on the other. I've discovered Photoscape, and it's AWESOME, and I went a little crazy. So in warning - there's a lot of pictures!

The stream right behind in front of the graveyard

Me and my girls. Interesting story - this is my uncle's gravesite. Earlier in the day of mine and Mike's first date, I attended the funeral for my uncle Steve, who passed away from cancer. I called Mike on the way home to tell him I was on my way. When he asked me where I was, I told him I was out in the middle of nowhere, and it'd mean nothing to him. He said, "Fairview Cemetary?" Crazy coincidence! Now it's nice, because I'm able to visit my uncle's gravesite every year the same time we visit Mike's grandparents'.


Aiva was very drawn to this monument for some reason. She kept hugging it and leaning on it. She'd walk away, only to return a few moments later.
After we visit Fairview Cemetary, we go back down to Logan to a park there, where there is also a small zoo.

Emma and Grandpa Larry

The Fam feeding the ducks

Mike and Aiva looking at the ducks

Okay, going a bit nuts with PhotoScape. So fun!!! You can make the most ordinary photo amazing. :)
3 comments:
Wow. What fabulous Memorial Day traditions. And... great pictures! I just might need to check out this photscape..
Yay, I found another ward member! What a great Memorial Day. It's funny Beckham got sad too when they took down our flag.
Beautiful photos Elise!! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment