I have been reading a LOT. Having a new baby in the dead of winter makes it so that I can't leave the house much, and I've discovered that reading really helps my cabin fever. I've ran out of book ideas, and I need
suggestions. I love to read anything. I love both fiction and non-fiction. Historical fiction, a good (clean) romance, mystery, fantasy, religious, and I love memoirs. Really -
anything. So give me any ideas of books you have loved, and
please help me get out of the house (mentally) for a few minutes out of the day! THANK-YOU so MUCH!!! And if anyone out there wants ideas too, I've got
lots.
6 comments:
Have your ever looked at goodreads.com? It is kind of a networking site where people can review books they've read and recommend others, etc. I am a huge reader and I really like the site. I rarely get a book from the library before I have checked its reviews online.
Let's see, some authors that come to mind:
Shannon Hale -- especially Book of a Thousand Days
Belva Plain -- A bit more modern. Her books are fairly easy reads with a bit of intrigue and usually a bit of romance.
Leif Enger -- Peace Like a River, a "thicker" read that took me a bit of time to finish but definitely worth it.
John Grisham
Lucy Maud Montgomery --The Anne of Green Gables series. My favorite books of all time. There are eight books in the series, that could see you through spring. :)
C.S. Lewis -- Chronicles of Narnia, we have these if you want to borrow them.
You hit a soft spot with me. I always have a few books sitting on my nightstand being read or waiting to be read. If you need more suggestions, let me know.
And I've been meaning to call you and see if Aiva wants to come over and play on Tuesday or Thursday of next week. William has preschool those days so I thought it would be perfect for the girls to play together. You and Emma would be welcome to come to, but I figured you would want some much needed downtime. What do you think?
I have a few suggestions...my sister in laws love to read! The Luxe Series, the Uglies, and Hunger games. They also like blue bloods series...i can ask for some more ideas..but good luck!
Try the Gemma Doyle Series. It is really interesting. It is a series of three books, they are pretty good.
Here is the info I told you about. You go to www.bountifulbaskest.org, log in(useing new customer), go back to the home page and click on Utah Bountiful Baskets. It will then take you to a page where you order your basket, pick your site, and order bread, granola, etc. Then checkout! You will print your receipt and just show up at the site on Saturday morning. If you want it this Saturday, Roy is the only location you can get it at. And you have to sign up this Tuesday at noon. Don't wait any longer than noon or the site will be full. Call me if you have any questions. (this week I got 7 tangerines, 9 apples, 2 bunches of bananas, romain lettuce, 8 cucumbers, 3 squash, 6 tomatos, 4 grapefruit, 3 lbs pears, 2 red peppers,2 bags of carrots, and asparagus)
The series I am currently reading is: The Hunger Games. Love it. Addicting. Will definitely take you to a whole new world.
Have you read any of Shannon Hale's books? I have several in a series starting with "The Goose Girl". I'd be glad to lend them to you! Just let me know.
Post a Comment