I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for this opportunity! I will remember this experience forever!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Relief Society General Conference
I just wanted to share a special experience that I've been privileged to have these last several weeks. My stake was one of several in Davis County to be chosen to contribute to yesterday's Relief Society General Conference. Each ward was asked to provide three women who were willing to sing with the choir that would perform for the conference. I was asked if I wanted to participate (duh!). So every week for the last month and a half I've been going to choir practices. It has been such a spiritually uplifting experience for me. To be surrounded by lovely voices, singing with hundreds of other women all lifting their voices praising God was so amazing. Our conductor Sister Jolley was incredible. It was such a memorable experience that I will remember for the rest of my life, and I am so grateful! I have to admit that we had a difficult time hearing the talks up in the choir loft with all the echos, so I'll have to listen to the talks over again, but what I caught was wonderful. I especially loved Sister Thompson's talk. The best part was when President Monson was leaving, he turned to look up at us, waved, and shook his hands above his head in a cheer for us. It was so sweet of him! Isn't he such an amazing, wonderful man? At the end, they let us take photos in the choir loft with our cell phones, which was a pleasant suprise!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I DVRd it, now I'll have to go back and watch for you! It sounded beautiful. What a great opportunity. And I have to ask, what were the other flowers on the corsage?
That is so funny, because when it showed you, I thought, that looks like Elise! That would have been so neat! I am so happy for you that you got to have that experience!
I saw you, and you looked beautiful! Isn't it just the most incredible experience? I am bummed that it didn't worked out for me to do it this time, but so glad for you, Camilla, and Michelle to get the opportunity.
It was so fun seeing you sing. I could totally hear your voice LOL!! Cause Scott was at BYU game I watched it from home, funny thing was I was looking for blond Elise, forgot you are brunette. Took me a few rewinds and pauses until I spoted you. You are officially famous.
Post a Comment