Sunday, December 7, 2008

FIRST SANTA CLAUSE ENCOUNTER . . .

Our ward Christmas party was this Friday, and a "SPeCIaL gUeST" was invited, which means that it was Aiva's first experience with SaNTa. We had a nice ham dinner, and some dancing before the big guy arrived.


At home in time out for playing with the Christmas tree ornaments. Time out is still a game to her. Sometimes she'll look at me, purposely touch an ornament, and then run all by herself and sit in her time-out corner without me even asking.

Dancing at the party. I need to get a video to post of her dancing. It is so cute! The girl's got moves!


She loves to dance so much, in fact, that when all the teenagers were line-dancing, she got in the line with them all by herself, and started trying to copy their movements!


And last, but not least . . .


Aiva's first meeting with Santa! When she got to the front of the line and saw him for the first time, she let out a high-pitched, terrified scream, and then bawled for about five minutes. So sad, but oh, so cute! Mean Mommy made her stand next to Santa for an extra 30 seconds to get this picture.

7 comments:

just dandee said...

Amazing how different every kid is. Tate was absolutely facinated with Santa. He walked up to him, sat on his lap, pulled at the beard and greedily took the candy cane. He then ate his and Tyler's and Tracen's candy canes at rapid speed. BUT, this is the very first year that my Tyler would even come within 10 feet of the guy. He screamed at last years party. Tyler is 4 and Tate is 1 mind you. So it may take a few years.

** I REALLY LOVE YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE. It is absolutely perfect!

Lindsey Rose said...

I love that! It is classsic! She is so darling, and I love the whole time out thing! That cracks me up!

Stacy said...

Ha! My nephew is scared of Santa this year too. It is funny! Aiva is going to be the teenager that sneaks out and tells you all about it the next morning! You are a great mom!

Rider Girl said...

That is funny. I remember i was like that too. I think most kids are terrified when they first see him but some are way brave.

Marky said...

I love when kids first meet Santa, it's so funny!! Aiva you look so cute and have some great dance moves!

Brandon & Tiff said...

What a darling outfit Avia has on. I love those leggins and her dancing looks so cute. And what a classic Santa kid picture...it is so cute!

Natasha said...

My little Emma loved Santa from a far and then cried and did not want anything to do with him once we got up close. So sad you want them to love them but most kids don't :( She looks super cute though even though she is upset.