Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Aiva!

On Monday the 18th at 6:45 pm our little Aiva turned one year old! We had a party at our house to celebrate. Three of Mike's brothers and their families were there, as well as his mom and dad, and my mom and two little sisters. We kept it simple: cake, ice cream, and presents. It was so much fun, so laid-back, and it was nice to have our familes with us to celebrate the life of our sweet little girl!

Happy 1st Birthday Aiva!

Aiva and Grandma Margaret (Mike's mom)

Mike's brother Dave and his girls Jaycee and Jaqueline

My little sisters Chelsee and Paige

Aiva and Grandma Vicki (my mom)

Aiva's Backyardigans cake


She cried when we put her hands in the cake, but she would eat it with a spoon. :)

Aiva and cousin Jaycee

Jane, Aiva and Courtney playing in Aiva's new RadioFlyer


Thanks to everyone for coming to celebrate this happy time with us! We have loved having Aiva in our family this last year. She has brought us more joy that we thought we could have. We are so appreciative to all of our friends and family who are such a positive part of ours and Aiva's lives!

6 comments:

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Looks like she had a wonderful b-day party. I cannot believe it's been a year already. She is growing to be such a beautiful little girl. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!!

The Dunyons said...

Can you believe that our kids are 1 already! They are growing so fast. She is adorable.

Megan said...

Looks like a fun b-day! :O) I'm so glad I get to see you guys every week!

Mitch and Holly said...

Elise, I completely stalked you to find your blog. I was thinking about you today and wondering what you were up to. So I googled you and found your blog. It really makes me sound creepy. Anyway, your Aiva is so adorable. I can't believe she is one and I still have never met her. I hope all is well with you guys. I think we should get together sometime.

Marky said...

So sweet.. Looks like she really enjoyed her cake to! Happy Birthday Aiva!!

Lindsey Rose said...

HAppy Birthday! It was so fun to see you guys at the reception, Aiva is a doll, I am sad we missed the BBQ but I heard it was fun! Looks like a great b-day!