Thursday night all of Mike's friends from high school got together at one of their homes and we had a BBQ! Mike is so lucky to have made such great friends in high school. EVERYONE is just so nice! You know how MOST girls are very territorial of "their boys," even the ones who are just friends? And how it's not always fun being the girl to butt in and start dating one of said boys because of that??? Well, these girls are not that way at all. So this group of guys and girls are all still friends, and now also friends with each other's spouses. It's pretty dang cool.
Friday was our ward party. Also good times. Saturday morning I went garage sale shopping, one of my pasttimes, and found Aiva some cute clothes. Later, my dad and his wife Raye met us at Layton City Park and we had a picnic to celebrate Aiva's birthday, which is Monday. Aiva LOVED feeding the ducks, but thought they were dogs, and kept calling them such. She also loves the swings and slides. The most memorable part, though, was the group of fully grown adults (like 30- and 40-year-olds) participating in some kind of knights-in-armour club. Seriously, it looked like we'd stepped into Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They were going at eachother with swords and shields, and were jousting. It was AWESOME!!!!! And of course, Saturday evening we had to watch MICHAEL PHELPS win his 8th gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. What an incredible part of sports history to have witnessed!! We have really enjoyed watching the olympics so far. Way to go Michael Phelps!!!!!
Aiva modeling her new jacket that mommy got for $1.00!!!
And in MINT condition!
Check out the knights in the background!!
To top off our amazing week, Aiva has mastered walking! Also along with that . . . falling. She has acquired her first black eye by falling on a chair at Grandma Cole's, and today at church she fell on her head/face 4 times, I think, followed by major crying and needed to be taken out of the class. It is so fun to watch her learn to master these new skills! I guess my baby is a toddler now???? Her 1st birthday is TOMORROW!! :) / :( I don't quite know how to feel about it. But either way, we are going to have a party! More about that to come!!!!
6 comments:
Happy birthday Aiva! Seems like just a short while ago that I was watching her for you! That was so fun. We need to do something again, soon!
Hey guys I just wanted to wish Aiva a Happy 1st Birthday. WOW.....I can't believe it has been a year, time has flown by. I remember coming over when she was just a couple days old and holding your precious little newborn. But look at her now one year old and so darn cute:) We miss you guys so much and hope we can get together soon.
Happy Birthday Aiva!!! I can't believe it! CrAzY!! It sounds like you guys have had a FUN week!! I was happy to see a new post!! Ü See you Wednesday.
Wow.. you guys have been super busy!! It was fun to see you at the wedding dinner.. I can't believe how big Aiva is! Congrats on the walking, that is so neat!!
Elise - I found your blog on Katie's and wanted to say hello! You look awesome and your little girl is absolutely adorable! It looks like you guys have had a really fun summer! Our blog is thebeardyfam.blogspot.com.
Wow. Happy Birthday Aiva! It is amazing how fast a year goes by, huh? We were so bummed we missed the dinner at Ashley's house (prior obligations). I heard it was super fun.
Also I have seen those knights??? at Layton park. Hilarious. I am not sure what is going on there, but it sure is entertaining.
Looks like a great week. So much fun!
Post a Comment