Aiva has the worst hair.
The. Worst.
It is neither curly, nor straight, and never looks cute down. Not in any way, shape, or form.
It will not stay parted, unless in pigtails, because she has such a strong forward growth. If I try to comb it down into a part, it immediately starts working its way back to straight forward. It is forever falling right into her face, from her bangs, all the way back to the crown of her head. Straight. Into. Her. Face.
She, like her father, has what I call "chia pet" hair. It grows straight out, will not lay nice and flat against the head. Mike, luckily, can just keep it short. So what's a little girl to do???
There are calics everywhere.
I hope that all of this translates into nice, voluptuous volume as she gets older. In the meantime, please no one judge me because my daughter ALWAYS looks like a raggamuffin. I promise, I do try to do her hair. But the look only ever lasts about 20 minutes. Hats are our best friends. I keep about 2 or 3 in the car at all times for her.
I've tried hairspray, flattening irons, round-brushing, mousse, gel. The look never lasts more than an hour.
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment