We met in February of 2004 on a double date . . . with different people. Fast forward many months. We were both single, and a friend gave Mike my number. We went on our first date on November 12th, and were engaged on Christmas day. Fast. Crazy. Insane. And neither of us are like that. The way we figure, we were never meant to be boyfriend and girlfriend, only husband and wife. It was so perfect and so right. I remember feeling the Lord leading me by the hand every step. I wouldn't recommend that others do it the way we did, because I realize that it's crazy, but for us, it was perfect. I've never regretted it.
Mike is the most compassionate, positive, kind, serving person I know. I am lucky to have the person closest to me be the person that I look up to and try to emulate the most. He is an amazing father, a loving and understanding husband, and he is such an amazing spiritual leader in our home. I often look at my little girls and think, "if only you knew how lucky you are to have him as your daddy." And I am so, so incredibly lucky to have him as my eternal companion. I so look forward to forever with him. So thanks be to God, and thank-you, Mike, for choosing ME.



4 comments:
Congradulations! You guys are a PERFECT couple! Your cupcakes look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now post some pictures of that cute little babe :)
Aaaaw! So sweet! HAppy Anniversary! You are both wonderful people and I'm so glad you found each other. I think people look up to both of you.
Elise, reading that totally reminds me of my hubby. We met and were married in less than 9 months. And when I tell people, it sounds so crazy. I am not that type of person either. I am so glad that you and Mike found each other. Happy happy anniversary! Your girls are beautiful!
Happy Anniversary!! I love all of your cute wedding pictures!
Post a Comment