For Mother's Day we had dinner with my mom and family ( I have 2 little sisters), and a second dinner with Mike's family (he is the second to youngest of six children). This years was my first "official" Mother's Day, and I really looked forward to it. I have looked forward to being a mother for so long, and it was wonderful to have a day to just reflect on how much I love it. Getting pregnant with Aiva was a challenge in the first place, and I remember how hard Mother's Day used to be for me. It was so nice to know that those days are behind me. I actually loved Mother's Day even more than I love my birthday, because being a mother is something that is an accomplishment for me, and it is something that I feel like I do well. It is a day that I can really be proud of where I am, and reflect on the incredible blessing of being a mother!
Look at my beautiful little family! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive, sweet husband, and such a beautiful precious daughter. Does life get any better than this???
No comments:
Post a Comment