Saturday, October 8, 2011

Well, hello there!

Well, after 4 months of absence, I am back to my blog. Sort of. For now. See, I blog for selfish reasons. For me, it is purely social. It helps me feel connected to the world. To my friends. For some people, it is a way to document their lives, and blogging is a fun way to accomplish that. My life and the lives of my family are very, very documented already. You see, I keep 4 separate journals, all for different purposes. That's right, 4. (One for Aiva, one for Emma, a "normal" one for me and a spiritual journal.) And they are all up-to-date. I also keep photo albums. So blogging for me is not a journal or a way to keep up on stuff. For me it is a way to reach out and feel connected.


Since I've joined Facebook, to be honest, I just haven't felt as motivated. Facebook is so easy, so quickly gratifying. It's so easy to feel connected to others there. But I miss blogging. I miss the creativity. The pictures. The well-thought-out post with a mission in mind. It is so much more personal and feels deeper and more satisfying. For that reason, and the fact that a few of you have been nagging at me to do it, I'm back. For now. We'll see how it goes.


I have a lot of catching-up to do, but I'm not going to worry about that too much. Occasionally maybe I'll do a post documenting something we've done over the past few months, but for the most part I'm going to start where I am.


Starting below is a post including some recent family photos and a few little updates on the family.




No comments: