Sunday, November 1, 2009

Introducing Andria Grace . . .

This week has been a week of blessings, miracles, and trials for my family. On Tuesday, October 27th my sweet little sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl! She is currently in a situation where she is not able to give her baby girl the life she wishes she could, and she courageously chose to place her daughter with a family that can give her all that and more. She chose an absolutely amazing family for her baby, and our family has been blessed with the opportunity to get to know Kim and Shane personally. We love them, and we know that little Andi will have all of the love that we would have been able to give her, and more. This is quite personal, but it has been such a meaningful, difficult, yet also beautiful time in our lives that I wanted to share this experience. I have a younger sister who is also adopted, and consequently we all have strong positive feelings about adoption. It really is all about love. There is no greater love than that for your child, and no greater sacrifice, in my opinion, than the sacrifice that my sister has made for her baby girl.


Paige and little Andi Grace

This is my sister and Kim, Andi's adoptive mother. Love you, Kim!


My first meeting with my niece



The next day. Isn't she gorgeous?!



We had the privilege of having Andi at home for a day after they were discharged from the hospital. While it made it harder to say goodbye, we have some beautiful memories with Andi, and we were able to take lots of photos of her.


Aiva instantly fell in love with her little cousin. She wanted to help feed her and showered her with kisses.


We set up a bunch of props in the living room and had a little photo shoot with Andi and my sister Paige.



My mom with her second granddaughter. We told Andi over and over that she is the most loved baby in the whole world. So many, many people love her and just want what is best for her.



These next few are of our photo shoot with Paige and Andi.












to Paige: I love you so much, and I am so proud of you, and my love and prayers are always with you!


to Kim and Shane: We love you and your family so much, and we are so grateful to have such a special and cherished relationship with you! We know that Andria Grace was so meant to be your daughter, and are so touched to have been a witness to your finding each other.


to Andi Grace: We love you, baby girl! Lots of hugs and kisses always sent your way. Be happy, and smile lots. You are the best-loved baby on earth!

12 comments:

Brent~April~Kennley said...

Elise, that was beautiful! What a touching post, and beautiful pictures of little Andria Grace!!!!!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, Elise. I'm bawling. Bawling! What a precious little baby girl. How lucky she is to have so many people adore her.You wrote this so beautifully and the pictures are perfect. Thank you for sharing this experience. I hope your sister feels all this love too. Wow. What a woman.

Bethany said...

Absolutely beautiful! I admire your sister for her strength in her decision. What a blessing that sweet angel will be in the life of the adoptive parents. Thank you for sharing this wonderful time in your lives.

Jody and Lacey said...

Elise,
Your family is amazing and I am also so proud of Paige for putting little Andria first. She is a wonderful woman. I can't imagine what emotions she is feeling. You are all in my prayers. Tell your family hello and give them a hug from me!

.:sommersclan:. said...

Elise that is an amazing story. Your sister is so strong to be able to think about her baby before herself. Adoption is such a wonderful thing. Your family is in our prayers. Thank you for sharing with everyone.

Sarah said...

What a special post. So proud of Paige. You have an amazing family. Love ya tons xoxoxo

just dandee said...

Oh my, that was truly beautiful. I am sobbing and can't stop. What a great sacrifice your sister made. How wonderful that she gets to have those beautiful and precious pictures of mom and baby. They will be a treasure. Best wishes to Andria Grace. So loved.

Amy said...

Elise, thank you for sharing that beautiful story! (Even though I am crying and can't stop!) Your sister is gorgeous, and her selfless decision is such a miracle and blessing to Andi's adoptive parents! I agree, adoption is about LOVE. What a precious and spiritual experience your whole family has had! I think birth mothers are truly angels... they love their babies so much! I will always be grateful to Carson's birth mother. Paige is such an incredible woman! So strong and loving! Wow, thank you for sharing!

Natasha said...

This is so special and beautiful I don't even know what to say. To give of something so precious is truly the ultimate sacrifice for your sister to make. Thank you for sharing this special story.

Kim said...

Elise! I can't believe that I'm just now reading this! What a beautiful post. We love Paige and you and your family so much. You have all been an answer to so many prayers offered by our family and by others who love us. Thank you for your love and friendship. Thank you for sharing Paige with us. We love Andria so much - we are still amazed that she found her way to our family. We are so glad to be able to share Andi Grace with all of you. Paige IS an amazing woman. She was the perfect person to bring Andria into this world. We are so blessed to know her. Thank you for the beautiful pictures that you and Chelsee took. I know that Andi will treasure having those and we already do. We love you!

McCall said...

I wish more girls were as amazing and strong as your sister!

Brandon & Tiff said...

Thanks for sharing this personal experience. Your sister is an amazing gal. Wow...I'm literally bawling. Such a selfless sacrifice to make. She must be a wonderful person. Such a beautiful post and beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.